Thursday, December 1, 2016

New Year Book List



I am always resolving to read more! Some years I do well and some years I do not. With the kiddos it has become a little more difficult so I am planning and starting now. My nightstand stacked with books and I have a full Amazon cart. I'm working to fine tune my list and am going with a book a month plan. I want titles that will expand my knowledge on issues, people, and history, with a little fun thrown in.

Here's what I have on my list as of now.



Part of my election recovery plan is to get more informed. So I want to check out these titles.

The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander

Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning in the American Right by Arlie Russell Hochschild

Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance

Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates

White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson

The History bug in me is interested in these titles.

Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow

Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematician Who Helped Win the Space Race by Margot Lee Shetterly

The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt and the Golden Age of Journalism by Doris Kearns Goodwin

Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power Jon Meacham

Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the American West by Stephen Ambrose

For curiosity's sake I am interested in these. 

The Confidence Game: Why We fall for It... Every Time by Maria Konnikova

Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist's Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations by Thomas Friedman

Powerhouse CAA: The Untold Story of the Creative Artist's Agency by James Andrew Miller

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charlies Duhigg

The Conscious Parent by Dr. Shefali Tsabary

In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney

The Notorious RBG by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik

There are a few novels I'm interested in as well.

The Girl on The Train by Paula Hawkins

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


Any suggestions?

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment