Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Honeymoon: Paris Part 1


Paris is where we started our honeymoon trip. It was lovely! The bread is better than I imagined and the croissants melted in my mouth! We had a croissant when we went to London and it was rock hard. It will be hard to eat a non Parisian croissant again! We walked down the Seine river over and and over again (thinking "we're strolling around in PARIS"), drank French wine, and had delish pizza!




London felt like it had so much to do and was a busy and happening place. Paris was much more relaxed.

While in Paris we walked, admired, ate, drank, and smiled till our hearts were content.


Here is a rundown of some of the things we got to do in the city.


We hiked up to see the Sacré-Cœur. It was beautiful. We were staying in Montmartre so every morning when we walked to the end of the street that our hotel was on to the main drag we could look to the left and see this beautiful Basilica. On our way home we would get to see it all lit up and gleaming at night.


We saw first at the Basilica, then the Eiffel Tower and at Notre Dame French soldiers walking around holding guns. It seemed like the norm to the passers by but it kind of put me on edge.


In Paris they had all of these beautiful flower shops with immaculate flowers displayed outside.



The Moulin Rouge was underwhelming. It was near where we were staying so we didn't have to go too far out of our way to see it.


The Acr de Triomphe was much bigger than I had expected.


I am in love with the square (clipped) trees. These were on the Champs-Élysées. We also saw some at Château de Versailles.


Me nerding out overlooking the Seine river and Eiffel Tower.


We went to a market and got some cheese, fruit, wine and bread in an effort to have a picnic under the Eiffel Tower. Note to self, bring a blanket next time. We ended up on a bench so we were close to our plans. Below is E sneaking bites of bread on our walk.


You might have seen this thing before!

I am going to admit that I am a total tourist. I don't have to do all of the touristy things but I do get excited at seeing the monuments that you've seen all your life in person. I was a total nerd about seeing the Eiffel Tower. We didn't go to the top. For some reason I wasn't really interested in it. I was just exciting to have it as the backdrop while exploring the city.



Seine River


Were weren't sure what these locks were for. They had names on them and people were selling them. We since found out it was the Love Bridge!


I was so disappointed that we didn't get to go to the Musee d'Orsay. I just wanted to run in a see a few things so we kept trying to go at the end of the day and it kept closing earlier than it's posted times. Guess I will just have to go back to Paris someday!


We did make it to the Lourve and saw Miss Lisa.


Here is E at Notre Dame. The inside of this Cathedral is may favorite of all the churches I have visited. We were treated to a choral performance when we were there. It was breathtakingly beautiful.


We took a night cruise down the Seine. I definitely recommend it! We loved it! I got giddy when the Eiffel Tower started to sparkle!

I will be back later with Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment